Learn how to bring your students into a practice of restorative yoga that helps them release layers of tension, engage the relaxation response, and feel more at ease in their bodies. Through lecture, hands on you work, and discussion you will explore how the gross anatomy, subtle energy body, emotional body, and mental body work together in restorative poses. Upon completion, you will be able to create, guide, and practice a customized Restorative Yoga practice for yourself and others.
Training covers topics such as:
- Alignment, propping, and application of essential restorative poses
- Science of the Relaxation Response
- Working with the nervous system and subtle body
- Neurological, physical, psychological, and energetic principles of working with Restoratives
- Observing bodies and making skillful propping decisions
- Foundations for building a restorative practice, including basic sequencing, guiding students through transitions, breath work, and cueing.
- Supporting the mind body emotional connection through conscious relaxation
- Creating restorative experiences for private clients and group classes
- Incorporating restorative poses in traditional hatha yoga or vinyasa yoga group classes